The Truth Is…
Darwin’s Theory of Evolution completely explains the diversity of all life forms, both flora and fauna.
Darwin’s theory of evolution is a theory that explains the history of life through geologic time; the diversity of living organisms, including their genetic, molecular, and physical similarities and differences; and the geographic distribution of organisms.
About “Theory” – to a scientist, a theory implies that something has been proven and is accepted as being true. A theory is developed only through the scientific method, meaning it is the final result of a series of rigorous processes. All scientific theories are well documented and proved beyond reasonable doubt
This website Evolution Explains Everything gives proof of evolution.
Here’s the outline of the proof for those short on time:
- There are fossils that document the evolution of man from single celled “cyanobacteria” (3.8 BILLION Years Ago) to Homo Sapiens.
A “Tree of Life” can be built from the fossils; each era of fossils shows more complexity that culminates with homo sapiens.
- We know how old the fossils are because of radiometric dating .
- From a totally opposite direction, genetic research builds THE SAME Tree of Life! It documents the commonality of our genetic makeup all the way back to the original bacteria! Chromosome 22 gives Irrefutable proof of our derivation from primates. See Chromosome 22 proves evolution Here,
- We have the same “junk DNA*” as our primate ancestors. No designing god would throw billions of useless molecules into our chromosomes.
- We humans contain vestiges of our non-human ancestors quirks (e.g. some people are born with a tail, men have nipples). In 1893, Robert Wiedersheim published a book on human anatomy and its relevance to man’s evolutionary history. This book contained a list of 86 human organs that he considered vestigial.
All available evidence supports the central conclusions of evolutionary theory; that species share common ancestors and therefore, life on Earth has evolved.
The “Tree of Life”
Two separate but equal “Trees of Life” have been developed by scientists in two disparate disciplines: paleontology and biology. The Tree of Life developed by paleontologist from fossil analysis is identical to the Tree of Life that biologist have discovered by looking an DNA.
This is irrefutable evidence that evolution is the way that humans came to be.
The Tree of Life from DNA
“Relationships between different mammalian species inferred solely by a comparison of their DNA sequences”
from Francis S. Collins, Project Director of the Human Gnome Project, Author, The Language of God
The Tree of Life from Fossil Analysis
Kick started by …….., scientists have discovered, by examining million of fossils that … was right. Life evolved from the simple cells to the complex homo sapiens.
Unassailable Evidence From Multiple Scientific Disciplines
Evolution is supported by thousands of facts across multiple disciplines. None of the research was done to “prove” evolution. It was done to learn something about the researcher’s discipline. Using that independent research, one must conclude that evolution happened. Knowledge of the evolution of viruses and bacteria is vital to medical science.
Almost every scientific discipline has made contributions to the finding that evolution is true:
- Biology – inheritance, genetic mutation
- Geology – fossils, age of fossils, age of earth
- Chemistry – periodic table, decay rates of elements
- Physics – speed of light
- Astronomy – size and age of universe
- Microbiology – DNA
- Paleontology – skeletal analysis
- Cosmology – age of universe
- Botany – plant genetics, evolution
None of the . research, some going back hundreds of years, was done with the intent of “proving evolution”. When combined, it all . leads to the incontrovertible conclusion that evolution explains the proliferation of plants and animals. If you wish to dismiss their scientific evidence, you have to disprove some of their fundamental theorems for that is what is used to support the conclusion that evolution happened.To refute the theory of “inheritance” for example, you would have to be an expert in Molecular Biology. The same is true for each of the disciplines that contributed to the our knowledge of evolution.
While evolution is amazing, it is also full of waste. It is slow and circuitous. It makes and retains errors. It leaves vestigial structures in place. It uses the same structures repeatedly for different functions in impressive ways, but not the solutions of a Great Designer working on each challenge from scratch. And then there’s billions of years of innocent animal suffering on the way to making humans, the purported goal of creation. And along with that, calamitous, unpredictable natural evil. Neither the method nor the misery add up to a divine origin.
On the other hand, like all other scientific theories, evolution is falsifiable.
There are many things that could prove evolution is an incorrect theory. For example, If we found a general pattern of fossils in rocks dated to different ages than expected, that would be a problem for evolution. In fact there are hypothetical situations, which easily could falsify evolution. None have materialized.
Click HERE to see “What Darwin Never Knew”, an astonishing proof from PBS.
(This link answers all the ridiculous superficial creationist challenges to the accuracy of radiometric dating.)
1. Radiometric dating relies on half-life decay of radioactive elements to allow scientists to date rocks and materials directly.
2. Stratigraphic provides a sequence of events from which relative dates can be extrapolated.
3. Molecular clocks allow scientists to use the amount of genetic divergence between organisms to extrapolate backwards to estimate dates.
Most of the coding sequences in DNA is not used in the construction of a human body. The sequences are a result of errors in duplicating the DNA when it splits. It’s called “junk” DNA. The same sequence of errors in the DNA appears in humans and primates.
It Couldn’t Have Happened by Chance
A young Richard Dawkins gives and excellent rebuttal to this old chestnut in THIS VIDEO where he shows that a computer, using cumulative selection. Cumulative selection changes things at random but where there is a movement towards a target, it does not destroy that which improves its status.
He also defeats the other chestnut – evolution cannot account for complexity; i.e. “the eye”.
Creationists prove their ignorance by saying something like “all through the fossil record and life, we don’t find an ape man”.
In fact there are many transitional forms. Check out these:
Tiktaalik – representative of the evolutionary transition from fish to amphibians.
Archaeopteryx – a transitional fossil between dinosaurs and birds
Walking Catfish -a species of freshwater airbreathing catfish. It is named for its ability to “walk” across dry land, to find food or suitable environments. It can survive out of water as long as it stays moist.
Why – Here?
A 2010 study by astronomers estimated that the observable Universe contains 300 sextillion (3×1023) stars. Another estimate of the planets finds that we’re very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1027 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe. Many now believe there are parallel universes.
Now what makes you think that the God that created the Universe as we know it, would put life on this third rock from our G2V star? And then presume to care about each of the creatures on it?