Christians Suffer From Severe Cognative Dissonance

Here are 10 instances where Christians just make fools of themselves:

10- They vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of their god.

9- They feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but they have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt

8- They laugh at polytheists, but they have no problem believing in a Trinity god

7- Their faces turn purple when they hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but they don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” — including women, children, and trees!

6- They laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5- They are willing to spend their lives looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4- They believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share their beliefs — though excluding those in all rival sects — will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet they consider their religion the most “tolerant” and “loving”.

3- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince them otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence they need to prove Christianity.

2- They define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers, considering that to be evidence that prayer works. And think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God or due to the sins of the prayor or prayer recipient.

1- They actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history — but still call themselves Christians.

 

Thanks to FishesWithoutFeet blog.

2 comments on “Christians Suffer From Severe Cognative Dissonance

  1. Geoff says:

    As i said in my lost post, you must remember they are dicks

  2. riean68 says:

    Your comments seem to be largely aimed at Christianity and Christians and yet you speak about freeing ‘persons of all faiths from the tyranny of their religion’. Mind you, your 10 statements above are all incorrect of many Christians so how can you possibly claim to be any sort of authority of the Christian faith in any case?

New Evidence? Comments?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s