When people pray to God, they always introduce their prayer with phrases and words like “merciful”, “beneficent”, “God of Peace”, etc ad. nausum
The Truth Is…
We are hard pressed to find any of those qualities in God . We see a God that has committed, commissioned or condoned atrocities so vile that He would have been tried and convicted many times over for crimes against humanity and put in a prison for the criminally insane if he had not been God. Every one of the ridiculous events below would have qualified as a crime against humanity.
Defenders of the ridiculous
The loving, beneficent, God of Peace …
- Forced friends and family to kill each other for dancing naked around Aaron’s golden calf?
- Burned Aaron’s sons to death for offering him strange fire?
- Burned complainers to death, forced the survivors to eat quail until it literally came out their noses, sent “fiery serpents” to bite people for complaining about the lack of food and water, and killed 14,700 for complaining about his killings?
- Buried alive those that opposed Moses (along with their families)?
- Burned 250 men to death for burning incense?
- Rewarded Phinehas for throwing a spear though the bellies of an inter-tribal couple while they were having sex?
- Ordered, assisted in, or approved of dozens of complete genocides?
- Accepted human sacrifice in the cases of Jephthah’s daughter and Saul’s seven sons?
- Helped Samson murder thirty men for their clothes, slaughter 1000 with the jawbone of an ass, and kill 3000 civilians in a a suicide terrorist attack?
- Smote the Philistines of several cities with hemorrhoids in their secret parts?
- Killed a man for trying to keep the ark of the covenant from falling and 50,070 for looking into the ark?
- Approved when David bought his first wife with 200 Philistine foreskins?
- Killed King Saul for not killing every Amalekite as he told him to do?
- Slowly killed a baby to punish King David for committing adultery?
- Killed 70,000 because David had a census that he (or Satan) told him to do?
- Sent a lion to kill a prophet for believing another prophet’s lie, another lion to kill a man for not smiting a prophet, and some more lions to kill people that didn’t fear him enough?
- Killed 450 religious leaders who lost a prayer contest with Elijah and burned 102 men to death for asking Elijah to come down from his hill?
- Sent two bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of Elisha’s bald head?
- Killed 27,000 Syrians by having a wall fall on them, sent an angel to kill 185,000 sleeping soldiers, interfered in human battles to kill a half million Israelite and a million Ethiopian soldiers?
- Killed King Ahab for not killing a captured king, and then sent King Jehu on a series of mass murders to kill all of Ahab’s family and friends who had ever “pissed against a wall?”
- Killed Jehoram by making his bowels fall out?
- Killed Job’s ten children in a bet with Satan?
- Killed Ezekiel’s wife and told him not to mourn her?
- Killed Ananias and Sapphira for not giving Peter all their money?
- Killed King Herod by feeding him to worms?
All of these killings, and more, are found in the Bible, and the God of the Bible is proud of each one.
Here is what he says about them.
I kill … I wound …
I will make my arrows
drunk with blood,
and my sword shall devour flesh.
Defenders of God’s ridiculous killings say that those who were killed, were killed because they disobeyed God. To this we say, “is that all God knew to do”? No lesser punishments for lesser offenses? Shouldn’t he have realized that his technique wasn’t working? He finally realized it, we suppose because after killing one million Ethiopians, his only other murder was of his son, Jesus.
Defenders of the bible are not fighting for stupidity, there fighting for reason and why God and the bible has to do it and say.