According to the verses below, our fate is predetermined by God; there is no “free will”.
- Jeremiah 10:23
- O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
- Acts 13:48
- And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
- For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestine.… Moreover whom he did predestine, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
- For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. …. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. … Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? …
Here is Paul’s inane explanation of why God chooses to keep some people who “neither having done any good or evil” out of heaven:
Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
- He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
- 2 Th.2:11-12
- God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.
- 2 Tim.1:9
- Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.
- Jude 4
- For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation.
From Another Perspective
Does one really have “free will” if the alternative to “believing” is an eternity in hellfire and brimstone?
And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
let me ask a simple question, could these men be free minded to choose to follow our Savior, then G-d pronounced the predestined reward of eternal life to them?
He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
election of someone does require some quality of this person. however, this does not mean all qualified people will be predestined into the eternity. will you elect an ignorant person as your president? if he was prepared for being elected to be the president, was his life kind of predestined as he could not get the position without any effort. IN this verse, only when “us” are directly linked to specified named people, then, your false logic may have a sound. yet, Jesus chose and elected every single one for his ministry work.
using the same logic, you can see how flawed your thinking and mind were.